I am currently trying to record my thoughts on queues.
Here is a list of the posts I’ve written so far:
- Always manually send heartbeats when processing message batches in ruby-kafka
- How to implement backpressure and load shedding?
- Why you need backpressure/load shedding for queues?
- Tracking queue metrics with the ruby-kafka gem
- Tracking queue metrics with Sidekiq
- Dealing with queue overload
- How to quickly understand the root cause of queue overload?
- Which metrics to monitor for queues?
I am planning to write more. Subscribe to my newsletter and I’ll keep you in the loop.