I’m Mário and I build systems for the web.
Here you’ll mostly see me writing about Software Development. Occasionally I also write about other topics that interest me, which includes Snowboarding, Longboarding and House Dance.
I’ve selected some of my favorite articles below.
- Working in unfamiliar codebases
- Always manually send heartbeats when processing message batches in ruby-kafka
- Sidekiq Parameter Object Pattern
- Don’t change the signature of Sidekiq jobs running in production
- How to design a technical interview for Ruby/Rails programmers?
- An overview of Redis::Distributed – Redis client side partitioning in Ruby
- Why you need backpressure/load shedding for queues?
- A series of posts on Queues
- Some thoughts on learning
- Mental models in programming
- An example of using a Ruby Fiber as an iterator
- A random walk through profiling RSpec tests
- A tale about investigating why a RSpec test was still slow
- Communication is leverage
- Testing guide
- Code Review Guide
- The case for code reviews
I can send you my posts straight to your e-mail inbox if you sign up for my newsletter.